In honor of the movie coming out at the end of this week. I wanted to post my top 10 quotes from the book.
If you have not read the book please do not read on any further,spoilers ahead!!
In no particular order ,here are my 10 favorite quotes:
1. “We both have war inside us. Sometimes it keeps us alive. Sometimes it threatens to destroy us.”
2. “It reminds me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.”
3.“I pout my lower lip for a second, but then I grin as the pieces come together.”That’s why you like me!” I exclaim. “Because you’re not very nice either! It makes so much more sense now.”
4. “I love Tris the Divergent, who makes decisions apart from faction loyalty, who isn’t some faction archetype. But the Tris who’s trying as hard as she can to destroy herself … I can’t love her.”I want to scream. But not because I’m angry, because I’m afraid he’s right. My hands shake and I grab the hem of my shirt to steady them.He touches his forehead to mine and closes his eyes. “I believe you’re still in there,” he says against my mouth. “Come back.”
5. “Are you conceding?’ he says, his mouth falling open with mock surprise. ‘Seems like that serum did you some good after all…’ I shove him as hard as I can. ‘Take that back. Take it back now.’ ‘Okay, okay!’ He puts up his hands. ‘It’s just… I’m not very nice either, you know. That’s why I like you so- ‘ ‘Out!’ I shout, pointing at the door.”
6. “I am collecting the lessons each faction has to teach me, and storing them in my mind like a guidebook for moving through the world. There is always something to learn, always something that is important to understand”
7. “I’ll be your family now,” he says. “I love you,” I say. (….)He stares at me. I wait with my hands clutching his arms for stability as he considers his response. He frowns at me. “Say it again.””Tobias,” I say, “I love you.”
8. “God, Four!” I snap. “You don’t want to have to tell me everything right away, but I have to tell you everything right away? Can’t you see how stupid that is?” “First of all, don’t use that name like a weapon against me,” he says, pointing at me.”
9. “I can’t force you. I can’t make you want to survive this.” He pulls me against him and runs his hand over my hair, tucking it behind my ear. His fingers trail down my neck and over my shoulder, and he says, “But you will do it. It doesn’t matter if you believe you can or not. You will, because that’s who you are.”
10. “How is it I know this little about the boy who says he loves me — the boy whose real name is powerful enough to keep us alive in a train car full of enemies?
***Comment your favorite quote from Insurgent down below.
Picture does not belong to me*